What is Dressage Versatility?
- A balanced and secure seat and position
- The ability to walk, trot and canter safely in any situation
- Lateral (sideways, or side to side) control of your horse
- Effective, meaningful leadership with your horse on the ground and under saddle
- A pleasant, respectful, calm horse in any situation
I use this term because I find a lot of people want help becoming good horse men and women, but who don’t think of themselves as dressage riders. They may have a goal of trail riding or pleasure riding or simply not like the title of “dressage rider”. If your goal is to have a versatile, well trained horse and be a secure and effective horseman or horsewoman, Dressage Versatility is for you!